Ottawa’s most trusted and reliable moving company
When listing household contents to be moved, please do not include measurements for furniture except for out of the ordinary items or oversized items like pianos. Please do not include unhelpful descriptions such as the colour of your couch or the fact that a chair is wooden. These factors do not affect the time required to move the items or the space required on the truck. They just make the list harder to read and assess. The following is an example of a thorough, yet simple list that gives us the information we need to provide an accurate estimate.
FURNITURE & APPLIANCES:
– sofa, loveseat 2 lounge chairs, coffee table, 2 end tables, 47″ TV and stand
– L-shaped sectional couch, coffee table, 2 end tables, 57″ TV, entertainment unit, floor lamp
– table, 6 chairs, buffet and hutch
– table, 6 chairs, bakers rack, double-door fridge, stove
– king size mattress, twin box springs, metal bed frame, headboard, 9-drawer dresser, 2 night tables, 2 table lamps
– queen size mattress, wood bed frame, 6-drawer dresser with mirror, 2 night tables
– double bed, night table, wardrobe, small Ikea desk, chair
Bedroom 4 (office):
– L-shaped office desk, chairs, 4-drawer file cabinet, 2 bookcases, paper shredder
– Chest freezer, treadmill, elliptical machine, weight bench, 250Lbs of free weights
– table, 6 chairs, BBQ, water barrel, 2 folding lounge chairs
– 2 bikes, shelving unit, 4 tires, lawnmower, snowblower, kayak
Boxes, bins, and bags/luggage should be listed in the “BOXES, BAGS, CONTAINERS” section.
Oversized and non-furniture items such as pianos and paintings should be listed in the “MISCELLANEOUS” section.
For pianos, be sure to include the height of the piano in inches (from the floor to the top of the piano).
Special instructions should be listed in the “SPECIAL NOTES” section. Eg. We also need to pick up the contents of a 10’x10′ storage locker located at ABC Self Storage, 123 Any Street, Ottawa, ON