We can’t always anticipate or control when we need to make a move, and sometimes it can happen during the most inconvenient times, like the holidays! If you’re stuck moving this Christmas season, don’t stress. We have some handy tips for moving over the holidays to help you sail through it like a pro. Block Read More…
Protect Your Gadgets
Televisions, VCRs, DVD Players, Stereos,and Computers are all expensive electronic devices. Protect your investment and follow these tips:
1. Follow manufacturers’ advice for packing and storing. They know the most about what it takes to protect the product. Consult the manual or manufacturer’s Web site for details.
2. If possible, use the original boxes and packing materials for re-packing. Moving companies do not insure electronics that are nor packed in proper boxes with styrofoam corner supports.
3. If the original packing is not available, start with these essentials: sturdy cartons, bubblewrap for wrapping things up, tape, scissors and permanent markers to number and label each box.
4. When you disassemble electronics, such as computers, stereos and other devices that have numerous cords, place small colored stickers on each cord and the same color sticker where the cord connects to the device. This will save you the hassle of trying to figure out what goes where when it comes time to reassemble your electronics.
5. Make a list of the components in each box. With luck you’ll be putting all this back together make sure you’ve got all the parts before you start assembling.
Check out the following links for more packing tips.